The Christmas Star Competition was a singing competition open to ages 12 and up and has been the launching ground for artists such as Mirusia (Singer with Andre Rieu) and The Veronicas. The winner performed on the Riverstage as part of Carols in the City. In addition to this the winner received professional career advice including recording time at Hammered Silver Recording Studios.
Auditions were held at 9am Saturday 30th November 2013 at the Queen Street Mall Stage. If you are chosen to go through to finals they will happen at 11am on the same day (30th November 2013)
By entering the Christmas Star Competition you agree to…
- I have chosen an acappella song, and if successful I have a song to perform to backing track at the callbacks.
- If I am successful in winning the competition I will need to make myself available for rehearsals.
- I agree to follow the direction of staff in all matters. Judges’ decision is final.
- I waive Carols in the City, its sponsors, associates, and judges of all liability for any injuries or emotional trauma suffered, or equipment loss or damage resulting from my participation in this competition.
- I agree that my email address will be added to the carols enews database and that I am able to remove myself at any time.
- I allow Carols in the City to use images and video of me on websites for publicity.
- Carols in the City take no responsibly for final edit of Broadcast and reserves the right to change any aspect of the competition and/or prize package.
- I understand that inclusion of the Christmas Star’s performance into the final television broadcast is anticipated, but not guaranteed, and will depend on the quality of the performance on the night as well as air-time constraints.
- I agree to take direction from the executive producer and producers of Carols in the City and agree to the song/Carol that will be chosen for me to sing at Carols in the City.
- I agree to be available for interviews with Carols in the City’s media partners during the competition and understand that I may be required to sing live.